Sunday, March 23, 2008

March 17th - Happy St. Patrick's Day! My kittens have arrived!


Dear Diary,

I have such exciting news! I am a new mother!
I have four baby kittens!


Last night I awoke with some sharp pains. I didn’t know what to do, and wished that my foster Mom would be with me. I was scared! After a couple of hours I needed to push, and out of my bottom came a funny looking sack, with a stringy thing attached, and I could see a little creature inside. I quickly broke the sack gently with my teeth, and there was a kitten! There was also a lot of watery stuff, which I immediately cleaned up. I cleaned the kitten with my tongue. Then the pains started again. This time I was not quite as scared. A second kitten-in-a-sack came out. I went right to work. Bye - bye sack!

This procedure went on for most of the night: pain, push, clean, and I was really tired by early morning. I had a total of 4 kittens!!! Can you believe that? Little me — a mother of four!


My babies are very dark, with cute little markings on their dear little faces. Two have a bit of brown on their backs. They remind me of a certain male tabby from the old neighbourhood. We had a brief fling about two months ago, and I haven’t seen him since. The scoundrel!

My foster dad found me and my kittens at 6:20 this morning. Was he excited! I purred the loudest purr I could muster, I was so proud of myself. Within minutes, my foster mom appeared and she totally freaked out. “Oh, Juno", she kept saying. “Your babies are beautiful.” I know they are!

I have to go now. My babies are crawling all over the fur on my belly. They are looking for milk!


1 comment:

Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

Wow Juno, 4 babies, well done you. And you did it all the way it is supposed to go, eventhough it was your first time!

Congratulations on the birth of your 4 babies!

Big purrrrrrrrrs from the Bliss team!